- Hook: 2x long dry fly hook like Tiemco 2312, size 6-14
- Body & Thorax: Tan Superfine or other dry fly dubbing
- Wing: Turkey Tail treated with flexible cement
- Legs: Pheasant Tail fibers, knotted. (1 on each side)
- Parachute Post: White Poly Yarn
- Hackle: Grizzly Saddle Hackle
I am still working on a better thorax/body that will allow the fly to remain on the surface when fished with a dropper. This pattern after a few casts tends to sink when fished with a dropper even when floatant is used. Anybody have any ideas or success stories on keeping the hopper on the surface? Let me know if you do.
Enjoy the last few weeks of fishing - if you enjoy wading through 6 inches of snow and battling sub-freezing conditions!