Monday, August 20, 2012

Warm River

Saturday fishing found me at the Warm River. Fishing was pretty typical for Warm River. I caught around 10 fish, nothing bigger than 12". I caught a few rainbows, a few browns, and a few whitefish. It was a beautiful day and the nice cool temperatures by and in the river were a needed break from the summer heat. Most of the fish were caught on bead head prince and hare's ear nymphs. I caught one fish on a muddler minnow. Warm River is a beautiful, clear, cold river but for some reason trout populations aren't the best and, for the most part, the fish are all small.

Here are a few pictures:

Warm River (Canyon - looking downstream)

12" Rainbow

12" Whitefish

Warm River (Canyon - upstream)

10" Brown

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fly Fishing is Idaho is great. I like the scenery that comes from the Tetons. Thanks for the pics.
http://www.caddisflyshop.com/fly-tying.html

Mark Kautz said...

I don't know, I wouldn't sneeze at 10 fish in the 12 inch range.

Mark